Monday, January 31, 2011

The sides are connected together with rails that are dovetailed at each end. I used a sliding dovetail to join them together for the strength that that type of joint gives with a side of beauty.


This is a filing cabinet I built for my brother to give to his wife. The exterior case is made of knotty alder and the drawers are Baltic birch. It has 1" over travel drawer slides to get easy access to the entire drawer. I made the drawers big enough to handle her binders of music. Two of the drawers have file hanging systems in them and two are regular drawers. Thank goes out to my brother for his photos of the cabinet. I believe he created the look of sunlight because it was dark outside.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! All of that for little joints. Nice.
    www.atthelens.com

    ReplyDelete